Types of Accomodation At Glur Hostel
During my 3 nights stay there, my sister and I slept in the 2 Glur Shared Bath room for more privacy but given the choice, I would prefer to stay in the 4 or 8 Glur Dorm instead. That way, I could meet more travellers and exchange travel tales with them. 😀 A quick glance into the dorms reveals an equally cosy and comfortable setting for backpackers to sleep in for the night, more so if you have great company with you.
The shared bathrooms are just a stone’s throw away from the rooms and unlike those shared bathrooms that I have experienced before, Glur Hostel‘s ones are near to perfection. I will tell you more about it in my next and final write-up to be released soon.
What I love about my (2 Glur Shared Bath) room:
- Cosy and spacious room
- Comfortable double decker bunk bed for 2 persons with personal reading lights
- Clean linens, towels, pillows and bedsheets
- Clear reception satellite TV and DVD player
- Decent writing table and chair
- Large mirror on the wall
- Huge lockers with personal hanging closets that could fit two full grown men in it! (Tips: The lock and key are not provided so, do bring/use your own lock and key)
- Windows with a lovely view (On a personal note, I cannot stand being in a room without windows)
- Excellent wifi reception and speed
The little glitches of the room:
- For those who are not as agile as a monkey, it is wise to sleep in the lower section of the bed for climbing down/up to the top section of the bed could be a daunting, possibly a dangerous task especially when you are drunk. I nearly fall off twice when climbing down the bed; both occasions when I was sober!
- The remote control of the air-conditioner in the room was not working well so I was unable to control the temperature of the room but that did not bother me at all for I slept through the night like a log; exhausted from the exciting activities of the day
- Other than the above, I could not find any other fault with the room. I just love it to bits!